At Newcastle and Hunter Community Health our nursing care and clinical services provide the support and assistance you need to reach your individual health and lifestyle objectives.
The NHCH nursing team is committed to the health and wellbeing of people in the Hunter. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you or your loved ones are in safe hands with one of our experienced and friendly nursing staff.
You will receive the specialist nursing care and support you need from someone you can trust in the place you feel most comfortable – in your own home – by a team with extensive experience in community health.
We work together with our clients, their families and other health providers to deliver a program of clinical care that is coordinated to meet healthcare goals. Our team understands the importance of collaboration with carers and family in the delivery of safe and high-quality care.
Carers and family members often have intimate knowledge of what is ‘normal’ for a patient and can advise of any concerns that may arise in the delivery of appropriate clinical care. Involving carers and families in the delivery of care may also help to reassure our clients that their needs are being met.
Our clinical services are provided by Registered Nurses accredited by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and include:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment, monitoring, and care planning
- Wound care assessment and monitoring
- Continence assessment and monitoring
- Catheter care and catheter changes including suprapubic catheters (SPCs), indwelling and intermittent catheters
- Stomal care
- Gastrostomy (PEG) changes, education and trouble shooting
- Education with a focus on health promotion to clients and their carers
- Planning and liaison with multidisciplinary teams
- Mental health coordination of services and ongoing support
- Escort to and attendance at medical appointments
- Assistance with monitoring skin conditions and pressure area prevention and care
- Assistance managing chronic diseases
- Diabetes care, management, training, and support
- End of life nursing care
- Assistance with medication
Healthcare, Medical Supplies and Mobility Equipment
We can provide a large range of healthcare and medical supplies we feel may be of benefit to you. We also prescribe and supply equipment and aids that can be delivered to your door.
Contact us about nursing care and clinical services
To discuss your nursing care and clinical requirements or those of a loved one, please contact our team today.