Work With Us
I am looking for
We pride ourselves on the wide range of services and support offered at NHCH. Use the drop-down menu to find the service you’re looking for.
Would you like to join our team?
Our staff are paramount to the high-quality service we offer our clients. We understand the demands on family in today’s environment and aim to foster flexibility to achieve a better balance between work and family responsibilities for all employees.
Our workplace is professional and supportive, and we encourage transparency in communication, respect and continuous education.
Support Worker / Assistant in Nursing
- Work with a local company who understands your community.
- Flexible hours.
- Paid kilometres between clients.
- The chance to work in a rewarding environment.
- Be valued by your employer.
What are your qualifications?
Staff delivering our services under Home Care Packages must meet the
minimum qualification and experience requirements for the delivery of support to aged care clients.
The standards currently relevant to aged care staff are:
Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Individual Support or an equivalent qualification.
In addition, all direct delivery staff must have (where relevant):
- Medication administration credentialing/re-credentialing
- Manual handling training and experience
- Their own vehicle covered by third party insurance (at a minimum)
- Full drivers’ license
- Current National Police Records Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma)
Newcastle and Hunter Community Health employees must hold the following minimum accreditation:
- Certificate III or IV in Assistant in Nursing Disability, or Certificate in Community Services
- Previous experience in a similar role for minimum 3 years
- Australian unrestricted Driver’s License
- Comprehensively insured, registered, reliable vehicle
- Criminal record check (or willingness to obtain same)
- Current first aid certificate
- Smart phone and internet access
- Two clinical referees
- Excellent communication skills
- Available for short and long shifts on a rotating roster 7 days per week