Work With Us
I am looking for
We pride ourselves on the wide range of services and support offered at NHCH. Use the drop-down menu to find the service you’re looking for.
Would you like to join our team?
At Newcastle and Hunter Community Health, our staff are vital to the high-quality service we offer our clients.
That is why we are always looking out for people who are passionate about supporting the community and value the health and wellbeing of others.
We understand the demands of life in today’s environment and aim to foster flexibility to achieve a better balance between work and family responsibilities for all employees.
Our workplace is professional and supportive, and we encourage transparency in communication, respect, and continuous education.
If you’re an Occupational Therapist looking for a path to leadership, you’re who we’re looking for. We’re offering an attractive salary package, inclusive of vehicle; flexible working environment; supervised practice; professional development.
Traineeship in Individual Support
Do you want a career where you support others and work for an organisation that supports you? We’re offering traineeships in Cert III Individual Support, starting in August 2021. The contract is for two years, permanent part time.
Join Newcastle and the Hunter’s leading community care provider. Permanent part-time employment with a regular roster. Paid kilometres between clients. The chance to work in a rewarding environment.
We are seeking highly motivated Registered Nurses, passionate about providing exceptional care to our clients to promote choice, control and quality of life. RN roles are permanent part-time with a regular roster.
The benefits of working at Newcastle and Hunter Community Health
At Newcastle and Hunter Community Health, we support one another. We understand that our work requires a lot of physical and mental responsibility,
which is why we foster a positive work culture that aims to look out for both our clients and our employees.
We offer a range of employee benefits to reward you for your hard work. For example, when you work with us you can expect:
- Staff training and development to promote professional growth – supported through our learning management system.
- Personal growth support to attain legislative training at offsite forums.
- Safety and quality assurance program participation – for both client and employee safety.
- Flexible work arrangements (these can be discussed with our Managers).
- Community activities – to ensure we are doing our part for the locals who support us. We’ve previously been involved with Ronald McDonald House as well as local charity initiatives such as Soul Café.
- Regular team social events and activities.
What are your qualifications?
Staff delivering our services under Home Care Packages must meet the minimum qualification
and experience requirements for the delivery of support to aged care clients.
The standards currently relevant to aged care staff are:
Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Individual Support or an equivalent qualification.
In addition, all direct delivery staff must have (where relevant):
- Medication administration credentialing/re-credentialing
- Manual handling training and experience
- Their own vehicle covered by third party insurance (at a minimum)
- Full driver’s license
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (including anaphylaxis and asthma)
Newcastle and Hunter Community Health employees must hold the following minimum accreditation:
- Certificate III or IV in Assistant in Nursing Disability, or Certificate in Community Services
- Previous experience in a similar role for minimum three years
- Australian unrestricted driver’s license
- Comprehensively insured, registered, reliable vehicle
- National Police Check (or willingness to obtain same)
- Current First Aid certificate
- Smart phone and internet access
- Two clinical referees
- Excellent communication skills
- Available for short and long shifts on a rotating roster, seven days per week