Our dedicated Registered Nurses and trained carers assist with personal care, nursing services, community support and domestic disability support services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
We will work with you and your loved ones to help provide the best support
We understand the challenges our clients with disability face in achieving personal health and life goals.
NHCH work with you and your loved ones to help provide the best support to achieve your lifestyle and personal objectives through our disability support services.
Newcastle and Hunter Community Health is approved to provide a range of NDIS disability support services, including:
- Assistance with daily self-care
- Assistance to access community
- Support developing independent living skills
- Developmental life skills
- Life-stage transition assistance
- Budgeting and financial skills
- Travel training
- Financial skills development
- Daily planning assistance
- Support attending medical appointments
- Shopping and budgeting support
- Meal planning and preparation
- Household tasks
- Travel and transport
- Community nursing care
- Support co-ordination
- Respite services
- Community and social activities
- Assess the different support services on offer and review what will work best for you
- Guide you through what supports are funded in your NDIS plan and how we can coordinate them together
- Plan management – advise you of your linked in supports and breakdown of funds available
- Help you link with the specific supports that are funded in your plan (clinical, housing, medical, vocational)
Are you or someone you know
transitioning from school to independent living?
Transitioning from one phase of life to another can be a challenging time. For young adults, this means trying to set plans in motion – looking for employment, enrolling into tertiary education or living more independently.
With the help of Newcastle and Hunter Community Health services and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), people with disabilities and complex needs can receive the support they need to live an independent and fulfilling life beyond school.
We are here to help set your future goals in motion. Our FREE downloadable School Leaver Planning Guide includes:
Our experienced team at Newcastle and Hunter Community Health welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs or those of your family members.
Call us today on
(02) 4920 1637
If you have any questions, or would like more information, our team are available between 8:00AM-6:00PM, Monday to Friday. We also have a team of registered nurses who are available 24/7.